Verizon’s different technology solutions and the innovative communication have resulted in many satisfied customers across the United States. A “error 31: other network problem” has been reported despite all the positive feedback from users, making receiving and sending messages difficult.
In this article, we’ll examine some of the possible causes of this problem and offer some helpful solutions. To avoid a potential disagreement, be sure to thoroughly follow the instructions and apply everything that is recommended.
Verizon’s “Error 31: Other Network Problem” is the Most Common Cause.
This issue occurs on Verizon’s network for the following reasons:
- In order to improve coverage, signal extenders carry cellular data over Wi-Fi, but they could also be the source of the problem. As a result, this mistake is more likely to occur when it fails.
- It’s also possible that the messaging app you’re using is the root of the problem. Verizon’s message sending system is particularly vulnerable to this bug.
- Sending a message from an Android device to an iPhone can also result in this issue. If the “iMessage” feature is enabled on the iPhone, this will prevent the message from being sent to the intended recipient.
Following the discovery of the problem’s fundamental cause, the following step is to lay out a plan of action. To be successful, you must strictly adhere to the instructions in order to prevent becoming disoriented.
How to fix it?
Substitute Another Messaging App for Your Primary One.
When it comes to sending texts, Android users have access to a wide range of applications. There is a problem with these apps’ ability to communicate with Verizon. As a result, you’ll get the error 31 message on your phone. Experts say that when Verizon is involved, it’s imperative that you use the suggested application provided by Verizon (i.e., the official Verizon app).
In fact, a large number of people have reported that they were able to fix this issue by just changing the messaging app they were using. If you haven’t already done so, follow the steps outlined below to download the Verizon app and install it on your smartphone.
- Please locate the play store in your phone’s menu and click on it.
- Search for “Verizon Message Software” and then click on the “Install” button to get the app installed on your phone.
- In order to make the app more tailored to your needs, you can now enter your information accurately. Then put it to good use in your communications. Please double-check to see if the issue has shifted while you’re doing this.
Removing the Extender
Extenders are commonly used to improve wireless network coverage. This add-on should be turned off totally. Additionally, the Wi-Fi must be shut down. Once this is accomplished, see if a cellular network can be used to deliver a message. If you were able to send a message, it suggests that the extension is preventing you. It’s critical that you contact the customer service agent at this stage so that a technician may come out and take a look at the extension.
iMessage can be Disabled.
It’s also possible for Android users to get this message from an iPhone user who has activated the iMessage feature on his or her phone. To rapidly disable the iMessage app on your iPhone, follow the instructions below.
- Make your way to the “Settings” section of your smartphone.
- Select “Messages” from the drop-down menu.
- Turning off iMessage is as simple as clicking the “iMessage” option.
- The next step is to verify that the issue has been resolved.
Delete All of the Messaging App’s Data and Cache.
If the problem remains despite following the preceding suggestions, you must clear the data and cache of your messaging app. In order to accomplish this, you must follow the steps outlined in this section;
- From the Android phone’s menu, select the settings icon.
- Apps and notifications are in the next section. On your Android device, you may see the word “Apps.” Recognize that the message is the same no matter what you hear or read.
- Open Message+ by finding its location and clicking on it.
- Once you’re there, select “clear data” and “clear cache.” When you do this, the cached data is automatically cleared.
- The error will not go away unless you keep pressing the send button repeatedly. This will keep resolving the problem.
The error 31 that Verizon customers are reporting can be caused by difficulties with other networks, according to all indications. A possible solution to this issue has been suggested in the above write-up, so that you can send messages without difficulty. In addition to the solutions above, the Restoro app for Android can be used to automatically fix your phone. The scan that this programme performs on your computer helps it to identify any faulty or outdated drivers.