To open a Windows Explorer window, users are greeted with the error notice, “Please insert the last disc of the multi-volume set and click OK to proceed.” The Compressed (zipped) Folders Error is a problem that affects many versions of Windows, not only 10.
Disk-related errors can be both alarming and perplexing, especially when you’re not well-versed in the technical language. From puzzling prompts like “please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click OK to continue” to frustrating messages such as “you need to format the disk,” disk issues on Windows 10 can be a minefield to navigate.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll demystify some of the most common disk-related errors and offer effective solutions for them.
Do you Know What a USB Drive is?
Flash memory with a built-in Universal Serial Bus (USB) interface combine to form a USB flash drive, which is a binary data storage device. Removable and rewritable are two common features of USB flash devices. They are small, sturdy, and reliable.
What Does “Please Insert the Last Disk of the Multi-Volume Set and Click OK to Continue” Mean?
This error usually occurs when you are trying to unzip or extract files from a compressed archive that is split across multiple volumes. This error message essentially tells you that you need the final piece of the archive to successfully complete the extraction process.
- Locate All Parts: Ensure you have all parts of the multi-volume archive.
- Use Reliable Unzipping Software: Programs like WinRAR or 7-Zip are known to handle multi-volume sets efficiently.
1: Format Your USB Flash Drive
Formatting the USB drive is an option if you cannot find the.zip files triggering the problem on the USB drive or any other external device. When you format your hard disc, you’ll get rid of everything on it, including any hidden data.
- There Are Some Data After The End Of The Payload Data
- This Application Has Encountered An Unspecified Error SWTOR
- It Looks Like You Don’t Have Permission To Save Changes To This File
The external hard disc must be backed up to a different location before formatting the device. You can use Disk Management to do a variety of disc and partition-related tasks, including as creating partitions, deleting partitions, changing the drive letter, and so on.
Disk Management can be used to format a partition if you don’t know how to format a drive.
- You need to have your USB connected to the computer.
- In the file explorer, select the devices and drives option. Right-click on the flash drive and select the format option.
- Preparation of the Flash Drive for Use
- To verify that the FAT32 file system is set on the USB device, Window does a fast format of the drive.
- Preparation of a USB Memory Stick
- The USB formatting will begin once you click Start and wait for it to complete.
- Data can be returned to the USB flash drive at this point.
2: Get Rid of the Secret Files (Zip Folders Errors)
“Please insert the last disc of a multi-volume collection” can be triggered by zip folders on an external drive connected to your computer. After deleting the.zip files, the error message disappears.
Because some files may be hidden on your computer, you must first unhide specific directories on your hard drive. When a computer asks, “Please insert the last disc of the multi-volume set,” this is the solution that works best for the vast majority of people.
First, learn how to reveal your system’s hidden files and directories, and then go ahead and remove any files ending in.zip. Take the following actions.
- Then, in the top menu bar of File Explorer, select Options from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll need to go to the File Explorer Options window’s View tab.
- Get Rid of Any Files That Have Been Hidden (Zip Folders Errors)
- Change the folder and search choices in the settings menu.
- Change the location of the folders and the search options that are available.
- Choose “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” to reveal all of your files.
- Please click Apply and then OK if you want to see hidden files or folders.
Once you’ve accessed the external drive, look for files ending in.zip on it. Right-click the file and pick Delete from the context menu to remove it from the drive.
Restart your computer and see if the “, please insert the last disc of the multi-volume set” error still appears when you open File Explorer after you’ve eliminated any hidden folders that might be the source of the issue.
3: Disconnect The Second External Hard Drive
An SD card or USB device may cause the error message to pop up on a computer. Remove the SD card or USB device to fix the problem.
Every time a specific SD card is inserted into a PC, some customers have had this issue. In the event that a user has to move or delete files from the SD card, they should do so before formatting the SD card.
4: Run the Windows Troubleshooter.
Error message: “Please insert the last disc of the multi-volume collection” can be encountered while executing a file/folder search. Windows Search and Indexing Troubleshooter may help you find and fix your problem. ‘
- If you’re having trouble figuring out what’s wrong, follow these simple steps:
- Right-clicking on the Windows Start button brings up the Settings menu.
- settings in Windows
- In the Settings window, select Update and Security and then click OK.
- Search and Indexing can be found in the Troubleshooting area, so click on it.
- As a final step, click on “Run Troubleshooter.” Follow the on-screen instructions to finish troubleshooting.
How Do I Restart Disk Error in Windows 10?
Disk errors in Windows 10 can lead to system crashes or inaccessible data. These errors often require immediate attention.
- Run Disk Check Utility: Open Command Prompt as an admin and type
chkdsk /f. Press enter and restart your computer.
- Use System File Checker: Open Command Prompt as admin and type
sfc /scannow. Follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Fix “You Need to Format the Disk in Drive D Before You Can Use It”
This error commonly indicates that your disk is unreadable, either due to corruption or a lack of proper formatting.
- Data Recovery: Use specialized software to recover your data before formatting.
- Disk Formatting: Open Disk Management, right-click on the Drive D, and choose “Format.”
How Do I Increase Disk Volume?
If you’re running low on disk space, you might consider increasing the disk volume.
- Disk Cleanup: Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to remove unnecessary files.
- Partition Adjustment: Open Disk Management and adjust the size of your partitions.
- Upgrade Hardware: Install a new hard drive or SSD with greater storage capacity.
What to Do When Disk Memory Is Full?
A full disk can lead to poor system performance and limitations on file storage.
- Empty Recycle Bin: Start by removing all deleted files permanently from the Recycle Bin.
- Uninstall Unused Software: Remove programs that are no longer needed.
- Move to External Storage: Use external drives or cloud storage for files that are not frequently accessed.
- An Attempt Was Made To Reference A Token That Does Not Exist
- Raw-Mode Is Unavailable Courtesy Of Hyper-V. (Verr_Supdrv_No_ Raw_Mode_Hyper_V_Root).
- Anyconnect Was Not Able To Establish A Connection To The Specified Secure Gateway
The warning “Please insert the last disc of the multi-volume set and click OK to proceed” indicates that you must input the last disc of your multi-volume set. You’ve now got a list of possible solutions for your issue.
Disk-related errors in Windows 10 can be intimidating, but understanding their implications and knowing how to resolve them can save you a lot of hassle.
Whether you’re dealing with multi-volume set errors, disk errors requiring a restart, disk formatting issues, or simply running out of space, there are effective ways to address these challenges and maintain optimal system performance.