The MRT.exe file is a software component of Windows by Microsoft. MRT is used to run the Microsoft Removal Tool. The Microsoft Removal Tool was released in 2005 for the Windows OS. It scans the computer for some of the most common infections. It runs silently in the background.
It cannot be considered a replacement for an anti-virus program, but it is also a useful tool. Today Microsoft develops many different products starting from computer software to personal computers and services. The .exe extension indicates an executable file that can harm the computer in some cases.
- 1 What is MRT.exe File?
- 2 Identify MRT.exe Related Errors
- 3 How to Fix MRT Errors
- 4 How to Analyze the MRT.exe?
- 5 Conclusion
What is MRT.exe File?
This process is known as Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It belongs to Microsoft software. MRT.exe is not essential for Windows but will often cause problems. It is located in C:\ Windows\ System32 folder. The MRT.exe is not a Windows system file. MRT.exe can monitor applications and can manipulate other programs. So the security rating is 22% dangerous.
Identify MRT.exe Related Errors
- The MRT.exe is a file that doesn’t contain any information about its developer. Moreover, it is not a window core file. MRT.exe can monitor applications and manipulate other programs. If MRT.exe is located in a subfolder of the Windows folder for temporary files, the security rating is 86% dangerous.
- When MRT.exe is located in a subfolder of the user’s profile, then the security rating is 81% dangerous. This software has no file description. The MRT.exe is not a Windows system file. This program has no visible window. It can monitor applications and manipulate other programs.
- Verify the computer’s security through the Security Task Manager.
How to Fix MRT Errors
You must have a clean and tidy computer to avoid those MRT problems. You must run a scan for malware; clean your hard drive using
Solution 1: Using Cleanmgr
it is a computer maintenance utility included in Microsoft Windows designed to free up disk space on a computer’s hard drive
Solution 2: Sfc/Scannow
This command scans all the protected system files and replaces corrupted files with a cached copy.
Solution 3: Use Resmon Command
Use resmon command to identify the processes which cause the problems. Rather than reinstalling Windows go for repairing of the installation or for the Windows latest versions.
Solution 4: Use DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Lastly, execute DISM.exe/ online/ cleanup-image/ Restorehealth command. It will help you to repair the operating system without losing any data.
How to Analyze the MRT.exe?
1. Use Security Task Manager
Security Task Manager displays the entire running Windows task. It involves hidden processes. A unique security risk rating indicates the likelihood of the process being potential Spyware, Malware, or a Trojan.
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects and removes the sleeping Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Keyloggers, Malware, and Trackers from the hard drive.
- What is Chrome://Components and How to Update Components Using It
- What is Perfmon.exe, Why Is It in PC, Should You Remove It
- What is Aswidsagenta.exe, Should You Delete It
- What is GSvr.exe, Is it Safe or a Virus, Should You Delete It
Lastly, we have discussed the MRT.exe file. Further, we talked about the ways of resolving the issues. We hope the problem can be solved using these methods.