One of the most well-known battle royale games is Call of Duty: Warzone, which combines fantastic movement mechanics with traditional first-person shooter action.
Teaming up with pals to dominate lobbies is the greatest way to enjoy Warzone, but you’ll run into a lot of bugs, errors, and other issues along the way. There is a problem with the Battle.net Launcher that is preventing players from starting the game at the moment.
Players are then prevented from logging into the game via a pop-up message reading “Battle.net Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000960.”
This error message appears either during the update download for Warzone or before to starting the game. Permissions issues are the primary causes of this problem, as they prevent Battle.net from downloading and installing necessary updates.
- Instagram App Keeps Crashing
- Application Suspending in 15 Minutes PS4
- This Message Has Not Been Downloaded from the Server
Even if there are a few solutions to this, it prevents players from entering the Warzone lobby. We advise players to try these other options before deciding to remove Warzone or Battle.net to resolve the issue.
Gaming can be a rewarding experience, but error codes like BLZBNTAGT00000960 and issues like crashing Battle.net can be a real nuisance. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to the world of online gaming, these problems can halt your progress and dampen your spirits.
This article provides a deep dive into the causes and solutions for these errors, focusing primarily on Blizzard’s Battle.net platform.
What is BLZBNTAGT00000960?
BLZBNTAGT00000960 is an error code that players encounter when using Battle.net, the online gaming service by Blizzard Entertainment. This error usually appears during game updates and installations, often impeding the launch of games like World of Warcraft, Diablo, and Overwatch.
Causes of BLZBNTAGT00000960
The BLZBNTAGT00000960 error can occur due to various reasons:
- Corrupted Files: A corrupted game or update file can trigger the error.
- Server Issues: Sometimes the error may occur due to Battle.net server downtime.
- Software Conflict: Antivirus software or firewalls may block or interfere with Battle.net.
- Internet Connection: Poor or unstable internet can also lead to this error.
Methods to Fix Battle.net Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00000960 in Warzone
The following is a list of methods that can be taken to resolve the Warzone Battle.net error BLZBNTAGT00000960:
Method 1: Run Call of Duty Warzone Manually
If you have the aforementioned issue, you should initially try starting the game from the location in which it was installed. It has been discovered that the error notice only appears when using the Battle.net launcher, and that launching the game directly from the installation directory causes no problems whatsoever.
Therefore, open the directory where you put Call of Duty: Warzone. When you get there, instead of using the ModernWarfare Launcher file, launch the main game by double-clicking the ModernWarfare.exe file.
Try that out and see if the game starts up without any problems. When that doesn’t work, try right-clicking the ModernWarfare file and selecting “Run as administrator” from the resulting menu.
Method 2: Run Battle.net as Admin
The lack of proper permissions for the launcher turns out to be a possible cause of the issue in some circumstances. There will be problems with the game’s functionality if the process is unable to inherit the permissions it needs.
It is possible to fix this issue by starting Battle.net in administrative mode. To do this, head to your computer’s Start menu and type “Battle.net” into the search bar. You may either right-click the result and select “Run as administrator,” or you can use the shortcut “Run as administrator” (both of which are available) on the right.
Method 3: Move Call of Duty to Different Drive
Moving the game to a separate drive may also help resolve the issue. In other words, if the game is now installed on drive D:, for instance, you will need to transfer it to drive C:. You can simply copy the game and paste it somewhere else on your computer to avoid downloading it again.
Once you’ve done that, the Battle.net launcher will let you know exactly where the game is stored on your computer, saving you from having to re-download it. Then, check back to see whether the issue is still present after you’ve done that.
What is the Error Code Hillcat on Call of Duty?
Hillcat is another error code players commonly face, particularly when playing Call of Duty on Battle.net. This error usually occurs during game startup and is often related to connectivity issues.
Why is my Battle.net Crashing?
If your Battle.net is crashing frequently, here are some common reasons:
- Outdated Software: An outdated version of Battle.net can cause crashes.
- Compatibility Issues: Sometimes, system compatibility can lead to crashes.
- Background Applications: Other software running in the background may interfere with Battle.net.
How to Fix BLZBNTAGT00000960
Here’s a step-by-step guide to resolving the issue:
- Check Server Status: First, check the Battle.net server status on their official website or Twitter page.
- Update Battle.net: Ensure your Battle.net application is up-to-date.
- Run as Administrator: Launch Battle.net as an administrator to avoid permission issues.
- Disable Firewalls/Antivirus: Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software to see if it’s causing the problem.
- Check Internet: Verify that your internet connection is stable. Consider using a wired connection if possible.
How to Fix Battle.net Crashes
- Update Software: Always keep your Battle.net application and games updated.
- Compatibility Mode: Run the application in compatibility mode for your OS.
- Close Background Apps: Close unnecessary background applications that could conflict with Battle.net.
- Check Drivers: Make sure your system’s drivers, especially graphics drivers, are updated.
- Nintendo Switch Dock Not Working
- Unable to connect to Samsung Server
- The Operation Failed as no Adapter is in the State Permissible for this Operation
Those who own Vanguard can now access the brand new Warzone Pacific game mode. Both the new Warzone map and Vanguard mode have been fun to play. The Caldera map is crap, in my opinion, because the game has become unplayable for the vast majority of gamers around the world owing to a number of random mistakes.
Facing issues like BLZBNTAGT00000960 or Battle.net crashes can be frustrating. However, with the right knowledge, these are often easy to fix. Being vigilant about updates and keeping an eye on server statuses can save you from a lot of trouble.