If your device’s operating system or firmware are too old, your AirPods may be paired but not connected. Incorrect Bluetooth adapter or computer configuration may also contribute to the error at hand.
Although the user’s AirPods pair successfully, they refuse to establish a connection when he tries to utilise them with his computer. After a Windows update, users are most likely to report the problem.
Method 1: Troubleshoot issues with your device’s hardware and Bluetooth.
Windows comes pre-loaded with the most popular diagnostic tools from Microsoft. The problem with your AirPods can be fixed by using the built-in hardware and Bluetooth troubleshooters.
- Launch the command prompt by pressing the Windows key and searching for it. Click Command Prompt from the search results, then select Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Do the following now:
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- Then, finish running the Hardware troubleshooter as instructed and see whether that fixes the AirPods problem.
- If not, select Preferences by pressing the Windows key. To continue, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot on the left side of the window.
- Select Bluetooth, and then expand Additional Troubleshooters in the window’s right pane.
- To finish the Bluetooth troubleshooter, click the Run the Troubleshooter button and then adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- Then, make sure you’re AirPods are functioning properly.
Method 2: Optimise Your Computer for Maximum Speed
The mistake at hand is likely the result of the common practise of adjusting a PC for optimal aesthetic effects, which can have a negative impact on the performance of the system as a whole, including Bluetooth connections. The issue may be remedied by optimising your computer.
- To access Advanced System Settings, press the Windows key + Q.
- Select Adjust for Best Performance from the menu that appears when you click the Settings button in the Performance section.
- Then, make sure the AirPods are functioning properly by clicking the OK button.
- How To Make Sky in Little Alchemy
- Is the Apple Watch Series 3 Waterproof
- How To Make Cloud in Little Alchemy 2
Method 3: Turn off the Quick Pair Function
Swift Pair is a new feature in Windows 10 that facilitates the rapid pairing of Bluetooth devices. However, it is well-documented that this function hinders AirPods’ operation, leading to the aforementioned error. Turning off Swift Pair may work as a solution here.
- To access the Windows Settings menu, use the Windows key. In order to stop being prompted to connect through Swift Pair, open Devices and deselect the relevant box.
- After that, restart your computer and see if the AirPods are working properly now.