Many people might face the issue of the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems. Here we will be discussing a few methods to get rid of such problems.
In the device manager, you can see a yellow mark next to the Realtek PCle GBE family controller. You must update the driver; this can help you in fixing the problem. One of the standard driver issues is the “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter is Experiencing Driver- or Hardware-Related Problems.”
If you face this issue, then you can update the driver easily. Two of the methods are discussed below choose either of them to fix the problem.
Navigating the world of device drivers can be complex, but understanding them is essential for the smooth operation of our computers. One such driver that often pops up is the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver.
In this article, we’ll delve into what this driver is, common issues associated with it, and how to address them.
What is Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver?
The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver is related to the Network Interface Card (NIC) hardware, which is embedded in many desktops and laptops. This driver, provided by Realtek, ensures that the operating system communicates efficiently with the NIC to enable internet connectivity through Ethernet cables.
What Causes the “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter is Experiencing Driver- or Hardware-Related Problems” Error?
Several reasons can trigger this error message:
- Outdated Driver: Older versions might not be compatible with the latest system updates.
- Corrupt Driver: If files related to the driver are missing or corrupted, this error might arise.
- Hardware Issues: Physical damages or poor connections can also cause this error.
How to Fix Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter is Experiencing Driver- or Hardware-Related Problems
Method 1: Download and Update the Driver Manually
Follow the steps mentioned below to update the driver.
Step 1: Firstly, download Realtek PCle GBE family controller driver from Realtek.
Step 2: Secondly, go to the Realtek website to get the driver.
Step 3: Thirdly, find the driver corresponding with the network card model and your specific flavor of windows.
Step 4: Lastly, download the driver manually.
Method 2: Download and Update the Driver Automatically
Also, you can download the driver manually. It can be quickly done with these Driver Updating Software. This software will recognize the system automatically and will help you to find the right driver.
The offline scan function of Driver Easy allows downloading the driver for the computer. It will not even need an internet connection. First of all, download and install Driver Easy. Then you can use the offline scan feature to download and update the Realtek PCle GBE driver.
Can I Disable Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller?
While you can disable the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller through the Device Manager, it’s not recommended unless you’re sure about it. Disabling it will turn off the Ethernet network capabilities of your system.
If you rely on Wi-Fi for internet and never use an Ethernet cable, then disabling it might not affect you. However, for those using wired connections, disabling it will cut off internet access.
How Do I Permanently Remove Realtek Drivers?
- Device Manager: Navigate to Device Manager > Network Adapters. Right-click on “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” and select “Uninstall.” Ensure you check the box “Delete the driver software for this device” if prompted.
- Control Panel: Head to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. Look for Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver and uninstall.
Remember to back up your drivers before uninstalling, in case you need them later.
How Do I Fix a Corrupted Realtek Driver?
Encountering a corrupted Realtek driver can be frustrating, as it can disrupt your PC’s internet connectivity. Here’s a step-by-step guide to resolve the issue:
- Reinstall the Driver: a. Open Device Manager from the Start menu or search bar. b. Expand the Network Adapters section. c. Right-click on “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” or a similar listing and select Uninstall. d. Once uninstalled, restart your computer. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- Update the Driver: Outdated drivers can sometimes become corrupted. a. In the Device Manager, right-click the Realtek listing under Network Adapters. b. Choose Update driver and then Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Download from Realtek’s Official Website: If the above methods don’t work, head to Realtek’s official site. Locate the most recent driver for your device and manually install it.
Do I Need Realtek GBE Family Controller?
The Realtek GBE Family Controller pertains to your computer’s Network Interface Card (NIC), which manages Ethernet connections. If you:
- Use Ethernet: If you connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable, this driver is crucial for your connectivity.
- Rely on Wi-Fi: If you use Wi-Fi exclusively, this driver might seem unnecessary. However, it’s beneficial to have the driver in case you need a wired connection in the future.
Is Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver Needed?
Yes, the Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver is essential for systems requiring Ethernet connectivity. Here’s why:
- Seamless Connectivity: The driver ensures that the operating system communicates effectively with the NIC, allowing smooth internet access via Ethernet.
- Compatibility: For systems with Realtek NICs, the corresponding driver ensures that the hardware is fully compatible with the operating system, reducing potential conflicts or issues.
- Optimized Performance: Proper drivers ensure you’re getting the best possible performance out of your hardware. Without it, your Ethernet might work, but perhaps not as efficiently or reliably.
How Do I Update My Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver?
- Device Manager: Go to Device Manager > Network Adapters. Right-click on “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” and select “Update driver.” Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow the prompts.
- Realtek’s Official Website: Visit Realtek’s official website to find the latest drivers. Download and install the appropriate driver version for your system.
- Use Driver Update Tools: Software like Driver Booster can help detect outdated drivers and update them.
- io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException:Connection refused: no further information
- IDP.Generic – How to Fix IDP.Generic Virus Warning
- Downloading… Do not turn off target
- Windows Defender Blocked By Group Policy
The Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver is vital for users who connect to the internet using Ethernet. Understanding its functions and troubleshooting common issues can save time and avoid internet connectivity hassles.
Regularly updating drivers ensures compatibility and smooth performance. Always remember to back up essential drivers before making changes and download drivers from official or trusted sources.
Hopefully, the two methods discussed above are helpful to solve the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter is Experiencing Driver- or Hardware-Related Problems. Try solving it using the first method. If it doesn’t work, then move for the second one.