Even though most users should be familiar with the standard procedure for removing software from their computers, this isn’t always the case. Certain software refuses to leave your computer, even after you’ve tried everything to get rid of it.
The various approaches to uninstalling software from a computer are not always interconnected, but they all work. It’s not impossible at all, and it’s actually fairly simple most of the time, with the exception of situations where the programme has been flagged as potentially malicious software.
File compression and archival are integral components of our digital life, and WinRAR stands out as one of the most recognizable tools in this domain. Yet, as with all software, users sometimes encounter the need or the desire to uninstall it.
This article sheds light on WinRAR, its functions, and how to effectively uninstall and manage it on your computer.
What is WinRAR?
WinRAR is a popular file archival and compression software. It allows users to compress multiple files into a single compact RAR or ZIP archive, thereby making it easier to share or save space on storage devices. Beyond simple compression, WinRAR offers features like password protection and split archiving.
Causes for WinRAR Uninstallation:
- Software Issues: Users might encounter errors or bugs.
- Limited Usage: Some only need the software temporarily.
- Alternative Software: Transitioning to other compression tools.
- Performance Concerns: The belief that software might be slowing down the computer.
What Usually Makes People to Uninstall WinRar
Apparently, many people have trouble completely removing software from their computers, including commonplace utilities like WinRar.
- Comcast Status Code 225
- How to Say Numbers in Roblox 2019
- Account Restrictions are Preventing this User from Signing In
Problems arise for some users both during and after the uninstallation of the software.
The most common reasons for removing WinRar are as follows:
- The software is incompatible with the current set of programmes.
- There are regular or recurring crashes or freezes in the software.
- The user felt the software fell short of their expectations.
- Re-installation of the software is now in progress (uninstalled and installed again afterwards).
- The user and/or several websites have detected the software as potentially harmful.
- The software does not appear in the Windows Control Panel or Preferences.
- Some of the program’s associated processes continue to operate after it has been deleted.
Possible Problems That can Arise During Uninstallation of WinRar
- The removal procedure has been going on for a very long time, and it still hasn’t finished.
- Issues that may develop when attempting to remove WinRar
- The built-in uninstaller fails to launch or malfunctions.
- The uninstall process was halted because a necessary file could not be opened.
- An unexpected hiccup prevented the complete removal of the software.
- The uninstall process is being blocked by another programme.
Users may have difficulties when attempting to remove WinRar due to a variety of other reasons. It is recommended to delete programmes completely to avoid potential issues that may arise from an incomplete uninstallation.
Method 1: Uninstall the Program via WinRAR (64-bit) Uninstaller
Step 1: First, use the 64-bit version of WinRAR’s uninstaller to remove the software.
Step 2: Click the “Start” menu, then “All Programs” to access the available software.
Step 3: Open the WinRAR (64-bit) folder and look for the ‘Uninstaller’ file.
Method 2: Uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) via the Add/Remove Programs list:
The second technique involves removing WinRAR (64-bit) from your computer by using the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
Step 1: To uninstall a programme, click “Start,” “Control Panel,” and “Uninstall a Program” (Windows 7).
Step 2: Click “Start” > “Programs and Features” to get started (Windows 8.1)
Step 3: Locate the “Add/Remove Programs” option in the “Control Panel” by clicking the “Start” menu (Windows XP)
Step 4: Finding WinRAR (64-bit), click the ‘Change/Remove’ button.
Step 5: Select “Yes” to begin the deletion process, and be patient while it completes.
Method 3: Uninstall WinRAR (Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs)?
You can’t find WinRAR in your computer’s Add/Remove Programs list. Just like uninstalling any other Windows programme, uninstalling WinRAR is a breeze. A simple deletion of the WinRAR programme folder will not effectively uninstall the programme.
However, if the item is not found in the Add/Remove Programs window, you can still successfully uninstall it by following these steps:
Step 1: Check out the newest additions to BuyRAR.com’s download library.
Step 2: Get the version of WinRAR that works with your computer (32 or 64 bit version)
Step 3: Start the file you downloaded earlier to install it.
Step 4: Using Add/Remove Programs, delete WinRAR as described previously.
Though deleting the installation folder would remove the programme, it will leave behind some files. The best way to delete the settings and configurations from your computer is to install and uninstall right after.
Removing WinRAR from Your Computer:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Find and select WinRAR from the list.
- Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open Finder and go to the Applications folder.
- Locate WinRAR and drag it to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash to complete the uninstallation.
What Happens When We Delete WinRAR?
Deleting or uninstalling WinRAR removes the software from your computer. However, RAR or ZIP files previously created remain intact. You can still open these files using other archival software or re-install WinRAR at a later time.
Does WinRAR Reduce File Quality?
No. WinRAR uses lossless compression, ensuring no quality reduction in compressed files. When you decompress or extract the files, they return to their original state without any loss of data.
Removing WinRAR from Registry (Advanced Users):
Note: Editing the registry can affect your system. Ensure you backup the registry before making changes.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\and locate the WinRAR folder.
- Right-click the WinRAR folder and select Delete.
The Safe Version of WinRAR:
Always download WinRAR from its official website or trusted software repositories. Downloading from third-party sites can lead to downloading malicious or outdated versions. The official site ensures you get the latest and most secure version.
Removing WinRAR from Context Menu:
If you’ve uninstalled WinRAR but still see its options in the context menu:
- Reinstall WinRAR.
- Open the software, go to Options > Settings.
- Under the Integration tab, uncheck options related to context menu items.
- Click OK and then uninstall WinRAR again.
- Google Forms Internal Error
- SvcHost.Exe (LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation)
- Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application
WinRAR, developed and distributed by RARLAB, is a powerful tool for securing, compressing, packaging, and backing up your data..RAR and.ZIP files can be opened and created with this programme. The following archive formats are supported: ARJ, CAB, LZH, GZ, TAR, UUE, BZ2, ACE, ISO, JAR, and 7-Zip. XP, 2003, Vista, Server 2008, 7, and 8 are all supported.
WinRAR’s various features include safeguarding archives from corruption, scanning them for malware, verifying their legitimacy, and more. This utility is useful for those who use cloud storage services like Dropbox, OneDrive, and others because it can reduce the file size of their uploads.
WinRAR, while an invaluable tool for many, might not be essential for everyone. Whether you’re looking to uninstall due to an encountered error or just cleaning up, understanding the process ensures a smooth experience. Remember to always approach changes, especially those involving system settings like the registry, with caution.