Even though most users should be familiar with the standard procedure for removing software from their computers, this isn’t always the case.
Certain software refuses to leave your computer, even after you’ve tried everything to get rid of it. The various approaches to uninstalling software from a computer are not always interconnected, but they all work.
It’s not impossible at all, and it’s actually fairly simple most of the time, with the exception of situations where the programme has been flagged as potentially malicious software.
What Usually Makes People to Uninstall WinRar
Apparently, many people have trouble completely removing software from their computers, including commonplace utilities like WinRar.
Problems arise for some users both during and after the uninstallation of the software.
The most common reasons for removing WinRar are as follows:
- The software is incompatible with the current set of programmes.
- There are regular or recurring crashes or freezes in the software.
- The user felt the software fell short of their expectations.
- Re-installation of the software is now in progress (uninstalled and installed again afterwards).
- The user and/or several websites have detected the software as potentially harmful.
- The software does not appear in the Windows Control Panel or Preferences.
- Some of the program’s associated processes continue to operate after it has been deleted.
Possible Problems That can Arise During Uninstallation of WinRar
- The removal procedure has been going on for a very long time, and it still hasn’t finished.
- Issues that may develop when attempting to remove WinRar
- The built-in uninstaller fails to launch or malfunctions.
- The uninstall process was halted because a necessary file could not be opened.
- An unexpected hiccup prevented the complete removal of the software.
- The uninstall process is being blocked by another programme.
Users may have difficulties when attempting to remove WinRar due to a variety of other reasons.
It is recommended to delete programmes completely to avoid potential issues that may arise from an incomplete uninstallation.
Method 1: Uninstall the Program via WinRAR (64-bit) Uninstaller
Step 1: First, use the 64-bit version of WinRAR’s uninstaller to remove the software.
Step 2: Click the “Start” menu, then “All Programs” to access the available software.
Step 3: Open the WinRAR (64-bit) folder and look for the ‘Uninstaller’ file.
Method 2: Uninstall WinRAR (64-bit) via the Add/Remove Programs list:
The second technique involves removing WinRAR (64-bit) from your computer by using the Add/Remove Programs control panel.
Step 1: To uninstall a programme, click “Start,” “Control Panel,” and “Uninstall a Program” (Windows 7).
Step 2: Click “Start” > “Programs and Features” to get started (Windows 8.1)
Step 3: Locate the “Add/Remove Programs” option in the “Control Panel” by clicking the “Start” menu (Windows XP)
Step 4: Finding WinRAR (64-bit), click the ‘Change/Remove’ button.
Step 5: Select “Yes” to begin the deletion process, and be patient while it completes.
Method 3: Uninstall WinRAR (Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs)?
You can’t find WinRAR in your computer’s Add/Remove Programs list. Just like uninstalling any other Windows programme, uninstalling WinRAR is a breeze.
A simple deletion of the WinRAR programme folder will not effectively uninstall the programme.
However, if the item is not found in the Add/Remove Programs window, you can still successfully uninstall it by following these steps:
Step 1: Check out the newest additions to BuyRAR.com’s download library.
Step 2: Get the version of WinRAR that works with your computer (32 or 64 bit version)
Step 3: Start the file you downloaded earlier to install it.
Step 4: Using Add/Remove Programs, delete WinRAR as described previously.
Though deleting the installation folder would remove the programme, it will leave behind some files.
The best way to delete the settings and configurations from your computer is to install and uninstall right after.
WinRAR, developed and distributed by RARLAB, is a powerful tool for securing, compressing, packaging, and backing up your data..RAR and.ZIP files can be opened and created with this programme.
The following archive formats are supported: ARJ, CAB, LZH, GZ, TAR, UUE, BZ2, ACE, ISO, JAR, and 7-Zip. XP, 2003, Vista, Server 2008, 7, and 8 are all supported.
WinRAR’s various features include safeguarding archives from corruption, scanning them for malware, verifying their legitimacy, and more.
This utility is useful for those who use cloud storage services like Dropbox, OneDrive, and others because it can reduce the file size of their uploads.