Nowadays, the popularity of live streaming is increasing leaps and bounds. Therefore, there is also a demand for Live Streaming Software that is proliferating.
If you are a content creator and new at live streaming, or you are a businessman who is generating revenue from this live streaming, then you should read the article to the end because all your questions will be solved in the end.
The past few years have witnessed an unprecedented surge in the consumption of online content, with live streaming standing out as a prominent frontrunner. From hosting virtual events to eSports, live streaming has revolutionized the way we engage online.
But how does one go about streaming? The answer lies in live streaming software. Let’s delve deeper.
What is Live Streaming Software?
Live streaming software is a tool that allows users to broadcast live video and audio content over the internet. This software captures the media, encodes it into a digital format, and then broadcasts it online, enabling viewers from around the globe to watch in real-time.
Platforms like Twitch, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live are popular examples of services that utilize live streaming software.
How Can I Stream Live Online?
- Choose Your Software: Depending on your needs, select a streaming software. Options range from OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), Streamlabs, Wirecast, vMix, and many more.
- Hardware Setup: Ensure you have a stable internet connection, a good quality camera, and microphone. For game streaming, a capture card might also be necessary.
- Software Configuration: Set up your chosen software by linking it to your broadcasting platform (e.g., Twitch or YouTube). This usually requires an API key or a unique stream key.
- Go Live: With everything set, press the ‘Start Streaming’ or ‘Go Live’ button on your software. Engage with your audience, and when done, end the stream.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Getting a Live Streaming Software
1. Need a Network Bandwidth
You must have a good network bandwidth because if you are using top-rated and classic software, but if you do not have a network bandwidth, all your hard work will be drowned from your hand.
2. Check Streaming Software System Requirements
If you are live streaming on your computer or laptop, first, you should ensure all pre-requirement of a software system. You can find these requirements from the beginning of software starting so search it out and establish the whole set-up before streaming.
How to Choose the Right Streaming Software?
- How reliant are you on tech support? Consider OBS.
- How much are you willing to invest?
- How knowledgeable are you about streaming?
- Which features do you really need?
- What is your primary use case?
- Streaming video games? Look at XSplit and Streamlabs OBS.
- Planning professional live productions of news, sports events, concerts, etc Consider Wirecast and vMix.
- Streaming on the go a lot? Consider Lightstream Studio.
- How powerful is your existing hardware?
Top 7 Live Streaming Software
First, you have to select certain software for live streaming, and in this article; we stated the best 7 Live Streaming Software. Each software has its features.
However, each software has its advantages, disadvantages, and ideal use cases which are important to think about before making your selection. Scroll down and find the most suitable software for you.
Open Broadcaster Software is also known as OBS is exclusive software for those who are money bounded. It offers basic features that are imperative for live streaming. However, Advanced features that may add a cherry to your live streaming is only available at a small amount of cost.
OBS can be work on Windows, Mac, and Linux, which is positive for this software. Also, this software is reliable as it has only a few bugs, and CPU usage is light. OBS is a great software for technical users who want free software and plenty of features.
With Some limitations, XSplit is the standard software for live streaming. Moreover, it offers all its essential features free of cost. It includes watermarks on streams above 720p resolution and/or 30 fps framerate, also as on streams that use the VCam feature.
The paid version allows you to get obviate the watermarks and access more advanced features like multi-streaming. XSplit is affordable and easy to use; in addition to that, it is stable and reliable.
However, XSplit is only for those who preferred to use Windows because it is only accessible in it. Users can introduce third-party app by files or URLs. Paid features are already available in the free version of Streamlabs OBS, that’s why many live streamers use Streamlabs OBS rather than XSplit.
Streamlabs was made in Jan 2018, and it gained an enormous audience including gamers and non-gamers. It is an open-source software.
There are many features like social widgets, thousands of free overlays, face masks, audio filters, a video editor, and other fun stuff has better support than OBS. In this software, bugs reporting is major negatives also still it is accessible in Windows only.
Telestream’s Wirecast is available in two versions: Studio and Pro. You get 30 days time period when you can use this software without paying money, but after that, you have to buy one of the versions. Wirecast Studio is available at $695 whereas Wirecast Pro is at $995.
Wirecast software is regularly updating its features and offers a professional layout with excellent quality support. It works on Mac as well as Windows, which is its biggest advantage.
It includes hosting guests on your stream, animated 3D titles and graphics, unlimited capture and encoding of video sources, and the ability to stream to different servers and platforms simultaneously.
The Pro version takes it a step further, with high-resolution ISO recording, live scoreboards, 3D virtual sets, instant replays, NDI output, even more guests hosted on your stream, and more.
vMix is designed for the professional live streamer. It contains all the features you’d ever need, like virtual sets, animated overlays, hosting guests, live video effects, instant replay, and more. Additionally, vMix supports a good range of inputs, including webcams, DVDs, sound cards, playlists, NDI, and PTZ cameras.
It’s worth mentioning that vMix may be a sound choice for 4K encoding. A huge investment, accessible only in Windows and arduous for beginners is the limitations of this software. However, vMix is a great interface that has a great impression on live streamers.
6. Nvidia ShadowPlay
ShadowPlay can offer the CPU a genuine reprieve, so in the event that you have a slower PC or need all accessible registering power for other requesting applications– ShadowPlay may be the best approach. It is additionally useful for straight-up interactivity recording.
On the off chance that you happen to have an NVidia designs card – check out ShadowPlay. ShadowPlay is completely free software, but no overlays, multisource displays, plugins and you must need an Nvidia graphics card which can be expensive.
Lightstream Studio is browser-based software and cloud-based which puts it into the good books of live streamers. Due to those reasons, this software is portable.
Lightstream has a lot of features including smooth overlays, visitor facilitating, local help of well-known spilling instruments, remote scene changing from your telephone or tablet, live talk backing, and that’s just the beginning.
Another truly cool component is that every one of your activities, scenes, and resources are spared in the cloud, so you don’t need to modify them without fail. It is surprising that it offers all these features free of cost.
Benefits of Live Streaming Software:
- Global Reach: It allows content creators, businesses, and institutions to reach audiences worldwide without geographical limitations.
- Engagement and Interaction: Real-time streaming offers direct interaction with viewers, fostering community building.
- Cost-Efficient: Virtual events and webinars can be more economical than physical events, requiring less logistical preparation.
- Versatility: From gaming, educational webinars, online workshops to product launches, the applications are endless.
- Monetization: Many platforms offer monetization options for live streams, be it through ads, donations, or pay-per-view.
Is Live Streaming Software Safe?
Safety in the world of live streaming is twofold:
- Software Integrity: Renowned streaming software solutions are safe to use, but always download from official sites to avoid malware.
- Streaming Content: While the software may be secure, the internet is vast. It’s essential to avoid sharing personal information, be cautious of phishing attempts, and use platform-specific safety features like moderating tools.
Is Live Streaming Software Free?
The world of live streaming software offers both:
- Free Options: Software like OBS Studio is open-source and free to use, making it a favorite among many, especially beginners.
- Paid Options: Platforms like Wirecast and vMix might come with advanced features but at a cost. These are often favored for professional broadcasts.
Here we stated all Live Streaming Software is trustworthy and secure as privacy breaking is not reported so far. All these Live Streaming Software have exclusive features that may give your live streaming an amazing look.
We recommend reviewing each Live Streaming Software in detail and making a decision on the solution that’s right for you. Live streaming software opens doors to a world of real-time online interaction, bridging gaps, and making global connections possible with the click of a button.
Whether you’re considering hopping on a live podcast, starting your gaming channel, or launching a product, there’s software out there to suit your needs. Remember to prioritize safety and happy streaming!