Are you getting Hulu’s error 2(-998)? Hulu is a well-liked online site for watching videos, including TV shows, web series, and movies.
It’s a shame that consumers continually having their streaming experiences disrupted by a variety of error codes, because overall the service is fantastic.
The 2 error code is one example (-998). The accompanying error message for this code is as follows:
This post is relevant to you if you are one of the users experiencing the same error. This guide will detail all the methods for resolving Hulu’s error 2(-998) on Windows 10 and Xbox One.
- 1 Methods to Fix Error Code: 2(-998) in Hulu
- 2 Conclusion
Methods to Fix Error Code: 2(-998) in Hulu
When trying to stream material on your device, you may get a momentary issue with the Hulu error code 2(-998).
According to the users, a brief error message stating “Sorry, we experienced an error playing this movie” is displayed when the error occurs.
We ask that you try playing the video again or choosing an other option. The system returned an error 2 (-998). While trying to stream content from Hulu, you may encounter a momentary issue with the code 2(-998).
According to the users, a brief error message reading “Sorry, we experienced an error playing this movie” is displayed when the error occurs. The video may need to be restarted or you may choose an other option. The system returned an error 2 (-998).
The Hulu app may stop working and display the error message if the Hulu servers are down for maintenance and are not functioning properly.
This is why it is suggested that you look into the Hulu server situation. To do so, just follow the instructions below:
- Copy and paste this link into your browser: https://downdetector.in/status/hulu/
- Now see if Hulu is down or not; if it is, give it some time. As soon as it is ready, you can try running the programme again to see if the problem has been fixed.
Method 1. Force Stop Hulu App
Try force-stopping the Hulu app on your device and relaunching it to fix the problem if you’re using the Hulu app on your Android phone or Android TV.
The following are the procedures to force-quit the Hulu app.
1.1 Android Phone
- Navigate to Apps by opening the Settings cog, then scrolling down the menu.
- In the current window, find Hulu by searching for it.
- Then, leave the configurations by tapping the bottom-most Force Stop button.
It’s time to see if the problem has been fixed, so open the Hulu app and try it out.
1.2 Android TV
- In order to change the settings of your Android TV, you need to launch the device.
- Once you’ve done that, launch the applications.
- To abruptly end your Hulu session, choose the app and then click the Force stop button.
Method 2. Remove DNS Cache
The term “DNS cache” describes a feature of the operating system or web browser that stores data temporarily about the previous DNS.
The problem arises because the cache becomes obsolete or corrupted over time.
If you’re having trouble watching Hulu on your computer, try clearing the DNS cache. Use the following instructions to clear your DNS cache:
- First, open the Start menu and type “Command Prompt” into the search field.
- Invoke the command prompt and then run ipconfig /flushdns before pressing Enter.
Method 3. Empty the Hulu App Cache
The Hulu app’s cache files frequently become corrupted, which might lead to issues while trying to stream video.
It is therefore suggested to delete the application’s cache files and see if the issue is fixed. Follow these instructions to delete all of your Hulu history and cache:
3.1 Android Phone
- Select the gear icon, then look for the Apps menu.
- In the current window, find Hulu by searching for it.
- The cached data can be deleted by clicking the Clear Cache button.
- Start the programme and see if that fixed the problem.
Method 4. Power Cycle Your App
If deleting the app’s cache doesn’t help, perhaps restarting the device on which the Hulu app is installed might.
Quite a few people have said that this worked for them to resolve Hulu issue 2–998. Here are the actions you need to do to restart your Hulu app:
- To open the task manager, hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to your taskbar and select the Hulu app.
- Hulu’s app does a temporary network disconnect after being force-stopped.
- Then put your device to sleep and give it some time to reboot.
- As well as a device restart.
- Start up Hulu and connect to the internet.
Method 5. Delete the Hulu app and Reinstall it
If you’ve already tried those solutions and they haven’t worked, the issue may be within the Hulu app itself.
Damage to the application’s data files prevents it from operating normally. In this instance, you can try erasing the Hulu app from your device and reinstalling it.
Here are the steps you need to take to reinstall the Hulu software:
5.1 Android Phone
- Initiate a search for “Apps” in your Android device’s Settings menu.
- Find the Hulu app, click it, and then choose “Uninstall.”
- And hang around till the removal is done.
- To find Hulu, go to the PlayStore right now.
- To begin downloading and installing Hulu, simply click the Install icon to the right of the service’s name.
5.2 Windows PC
- To access the Settings menu, use the Windows key + I.
- Move your mouse over Apps on the left, and then select Apps & Features.
- Locate Hulu and select “Uninstall” from the menu that appears.
- To remove the programme, simply comply with the prompts.
- To find the Hulu app, go to the Microsoft Store.
- As well as install the Hulu app by clicking the install option.
Launch the programme again and see whether the issue persists after reinstalling it and logging in with your credentials.
Method 6. Contact Hulu Support Team for Assistance
If none of these solutions work, you can always complain to Hulu’s support team through the app or via email, and they’ll get back to you with a workaround.
You may get Hulu error code 2 (975) and Hulu error code 2 (975) when using the Hulu app on your Android TV or smartphone (-998).
This is a short-term issue that can be fixed by implementing several troubleshooting measures. In other instances, Hulu’s own server problems may be at blame.