When attempting to install an item of furniture (sofa, door, bed, cabinet, etc.) on the ground in The Sims 4, the “Script Call Failed” problem frequently appears. Possible root causes of this problem include broken or outdated Script Mods/CC and corrupted game files.
If you’re an avid Sims 4 player, encountering a “Script Call Failed” error can be quite frustrating, especially when you’re in the middle of an exciting game. The error can disrupt gameplay and make your Sims unresponsive.
In this detailed article, we’ll explore what the “Script Call Failed” error means, why it occurs, why your Sims might be ignoring your commands, and what kind of script Sims 4 utilizes.
What Does It Mean When Sims 4 Says “Script Call Failed”?
The “Script Call Failed” error is an in-game error that usually occurs when there’s a problem with a mod or custom content that you have installed. This error is indicative of a conflict between the game’s built-in script and the mod script.
Essentially, the game’s engine is unable to execute a specific operation, resulting in a breakdown in communication between the game and your commands.
Causes of “Script Call Failed” Sims 4 Error
The error can be caused by various factors, some of which include:
- Outdated Mods: If you’re using mods that haven’t been updated in line with the game’s latest patches, it can lead to this error.
- Incompatible Mods: Some mods just don’t play well together, and using them simultaneously can result in a script failure.
- Corrupt Game Files: Occasionally, the game files themselves could be corrupted, leading to such errors.
- Insufficient Resources: Lack of adequate system resources can also cause this error, though it is less common.
- Script Conflicts: Multiple mods trying to modify the same base game script can also trigger this error.
How to Fix The “Script Call Failed Sims 4” Error
Sometimes, the red ‘Script Call Failed’ symbol will appear when you try to plant something in the ground in The Sims 4’s Build Mode. In most cases, a mod or a configuration parameter has corrupted a game file, leading to this error.
Now, if you’re having trouble with The Sims 4, you may learn how to resolve the “Script Call Failed” error.
Method 1. Remove Mods and CC from The Sims 4
Getting rid of your mods and CC is the quickest and easiest option. Re-enabling them one by one can help you identify the offending add-on or modification.
Since mods frequently become incompatible with new updates, it is also possible to verify if a mod has been updated. All free updates, as well as some paid add-ons and game packs, can cause problems with existing mods.
Method 2. Verifying the Integrity of Files
You may check the legitimacy of your Steam download by locating the game in your Steam library. Pick The Sims 4 and then go to the Settings menu. The next step is to choose the Local Files tab and then choose the option to Check the Game Files for Integrity.
The procedure is a little different on Origin. Launch Origin, and head to the Library tab. Select Repair from the right-click menu of The Sims 4. A fix for your game files is being initiated by Origin. After waiting a few minutes, try starting the game again to see if that helps.
Method 3. Reinstalling The Sims 4 or Resetting Files to Default
If none of the preceding solutions work, you can always try reinstalling The Sims 4 from the original platform it was purchased on. Reverting the files to their original state is another option worth trying.
To access the Electronic Arts folder, open the file explorer and navigate to the Documents folder. Make a backup copy of the folder before you start resetting the files. Upon starting the game, a new folder will be generated once you have renamed the file titled “The Sims 4”.
If the game loads, you have the option of starting from scratch or restoring your settings and save data by importing files from a backup folder.
Method 4. Updating your Broken Mods to make them Compatible
First, always make a copy of your save files to retain just in case something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, you can do this to get them back to normal. If you want to use your mods with the newest expansion, you’ll need to make sure you have the most recent versions of them.
The incompatibilities appear when big changes are made to the game engine with each Sims 4 release. You can disable a mod by removing it from the game’s main mods folder if you find it to be malfunctioning.
Depending on whether or not the mod has gotten any patches or updates that make it compatible with the newest version, this may be necessary. It may be necessary for players who use numerous mods and are unsure which one is at fault to disable each one in turn and see if the bug persists.
Why Are My Sims Ignoring My Commands?
Apart from script errors, Sims might ignore your commands for the following reasons:
- Game Glitches: Sometimes, minor in-game glitches can make Sims unresponsive.
- AI Confusion: If you give too many commands in quick succession, the AI can become confused and fail to execute actions properly.
- Needs and Moodlets: Poor mood or unmet needs can make Sims ignore your commands, depending on the game’s AI logic.
What Script Does Sims 4 Use?
Sims 4 predominantly uses a scripting language based on Python. The game has an underlying framework of Python scripts that govern all actions, behaviors, and events. Understanding this can be useful if you’re interested in modding the game or troubleshooting errors on a deeper level.
Solutions for “Script Call Failed” Error
- Update Your Mods: Always make sure that your mods are up-to-date. Check the mod creators’ websites or forums regularly for updates.
- Remove Incompatible Mods: If you suspect that a specific mod is causing the issue, try removing it and see if the error persists.
- Repair Game Files: Use the repair game option in your game library to fix corrupt files.
- Check for Game Updates: Make sure your game is updated to the latest version. Sometimes the issue is fixed in new patches released by the developers.
- Reinstall the Game: If all else fails, reinstalling the game can often fix persistent issues, although it’s a last resort.
- Application Suspending in 15 Minutes PS4
- How To Resolve the PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR
As a result of the release of patch 1.77.131 in July of last year, many players’ customizations (including Whimps) become inoperable.
Furthermore, Sims 4 players were experiencing the Script call failed issue. Well, it’s July once more, and guess what? The same problem has returned.
The “Script Call Failed” error in Sims 4 can be a game-stopper but understanding its root causes and applying appropriate solutions can save your virtual world from falling apart. Keep your mods updated, and pay attention to your Sims’ needs to ensure a smooth gaming experience.