Screen Capture Software: In these last few years, screenshots have become a widely used function in our lives. Earlier it was rarely used that too to only share error messages. But now people take screenshots of funny posts or messages all the time and share the on social media. Some people also take a snapshot for work or educational purposes.
Almost all devices nowadays have a print screen option, but screenshots do not turn out to be exactly as wanted. There are special Screen Capture Software & Tools in the market that helps you take better snaps, but they all provide different features. It is a tedious job to decide which software is the best suited for you. So, to help you, here is a list of top 10 Screen Capture Software Tools in 2019.
- 1 10 Best Screen Capture Software Tools for Windows 10, 8 and 7
- 1.1 1 – Snipping Tool
- 1.2 2 – Snagit
- 1.3 3 – FastStone Capture
- 1.4 4 – Jing
- 1.5 5 – Skitch
- 1.6 6 – TinyTake
- 1.7 7 – Screenpresso
- 1.8 8 – Screenshot Captor
- 1.9 9 – SnapCrab
- 1.10 10 – PicPick
- 2 Summing Up
10 Best Screen Capture Software Tools for Windows 10, 8 and 7
1 – Snipping Tool
It is a free screenshot tool present on Windows PC by default. It allows you to take a screenshot of the whole screen, or you can also capture any specific area in rectangular form. You also add notes to the screenshots taken on the Snipping tool.
Features of Snipping Tool
- Free and easy-to-use.
- Available with Windows PC.
- You can make additional edits with highlighters, colored pens, etc.
- Stores images in PNG, GIF, JPEG format.
- It can save the image for future use.
- 4 different modes of the screenshot: Window snip, Full-screen snip, Rectangular snip, and Free-form snip.
2 – Snagit
It is one of the most popular Screen Capture tools out there. With Snagit, you can add comments, text, shapes, arrows, etc. on your screenshots. Snagit presents you a special built-in advanced image features, and it also allows screen recording.
Features of Snagit
- Lets you edit the size of the image and add special effects.
- Support both Windows and Mac OS.
- Quick toolbar to speed up your work.
- Available in different languages like English, German, Korean and Japanese.
- Lets you record video of the screen.
- The screenshots and screen recording can be easily shared on the web or by e-mail.
- Can 4 types of screenshot: scrolling screenshot, full-page, vertical and horizontal scroll.
3 – FastStone Capture
FastStone Screenshot Capture helps you take screenshots of your screen in different forms such as rectangular, specific fixed portion, etc. you share the captured snaps via email, web, on social media, or print it on paper or you can save it on the clipboard.
Features of FastStone Capture
- Cost only $19.95 for a lifetime license.
- Quick and powerful tools.
- You resize, crop, sharpen and add watermark to the captured image.
- Captures multiple windows.
- Built-in screen recorder.
- Can join images like a collage.
- Can run from a USB, iPod or other external drives.
4 – Jing
Jing is a free screen capture software that shares your captured screenshots on screencast.com and provides a URL to copy or paste the image wherever and whenever you want.
Features of Jing
- It is free and downloadable from the net.
- Compatible with Windows and macOS.
- Screen recording feature available.
- Can upload or share URL on the web very quickly and without hassle.
- Very user-friendly interface.
5 – Skitch
Skitch is a very useful screen capture and annotation tool that works on Windows and Mac OS. This software offer features that help you pixelate images and blur out any specified part of the screenshot.
Features of Skitch
- Free easy-to-use tool.
- Lets you highlight any part or add comments.
- Also available for mobile (Android and iOS).
- Several editing options available.
- Can directly share or upload captured images via web, email, etc.
6 – TinyTake
Tiny Take is a screen capture software tool developed by Mango Apps that can capture the image of the specified region of the screen very quickly. It also offers a large variety of tools to edit your captured screenshots like text boxes, highlighters, colored pens, etc.
Features of TinyTake
- It is free and downloadable from open-source.
- Can blur out a specific area on the image.
- Screen recording tool.
- Built-in file viewer.
- Can share captured images easily via e-mail or on the web or on social media platforms.
- Can record screen activity.
7 – Screenpresso
Screenpresso is a very useful screen capture tool that allows its users to train evidence, documents, etc. It lets you save the screenshots in different formats and also keeps a record of all the recently captured images.
Main Features of Screenpresso
- Both free and paid version available
- Built-in photo editor
- Lets you add comments, text box, colorful bubbles, arrows, shapes, etc.
- Keeps a record of captured images
- Lets you capture the screen in different modes such as user-defined area, full screen, scrolling window capture, etc.
- Available in many different languages
- can convert images into PDF, DOC or HTML
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10.
8 – Screenshot Captor
It is quite easy to use software that helps you capture your screen in various modes such as full-screen, fixed-size windows, scrolling windows, etc. Screenshot Captor also lets you zoom upto 999% so that you can view every single pixel clearly.
Features of Screenshot Captor
- Free tool for Windows OS.
- Flexible screenshot tools.
- Can capture images from the webcam.
- A portable version is also available on the web.
- The built-in editor lets you add special effects like borders, shadow, frames, etc.
9 – SnapCrab
It is a screen capture software tool for Windows that works moderately well. It has almost all the features that are available on most screen capture tools plus some very unique features of its own.
Features of SnapCrab
- Saves images in JPEG, GIF and PNG format.
- Several unique customization options are available such as hotkeys and modifying the way of taking the screenshot.
- Self-timer feature.
10 – PicPick
It is a free, user-friendly photo editing and screen capturing tool. It provides numerous features to make your screenshots more fun and detailed.
Features of PicPick
- You do not have to install this software.
- Exciting features such as a protractor, color picker, brightness controller, pixel ruler, etc.
- Built-in editor.
- Typing Software to Type Faster Than Ever
- Encryption Software for Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Data Recovery Software Tools
- Graphic Design Software for Beginners and Pro
The above list gives you names of 10 of the most popular Screen Capture software tools that are available on the internet and some of their main features. But this article might not justify all the features that Screen Capture Software has to offer.
So, before choosing a Screen Capture tool for your PC, give all of them a try and explore. This might help you find out which software is best suited to your requirements.