Are you experiencing a slowed-down performance of your PC or laptop? Do you have a not so powerful computer from a few years back or one running on older versions of Windows? Then PC optimization software such as Registry Cleaner Software should be one of your options to take care of this issue.
You might already have the Windows Disk Cleanup tool in your OS, but it is less effective than most cleaner apps. A typical registry cleaner program can do many more functions. For example, remove temporary Internet files, browser cache, and history, junk files, log files, etc. Essentially, it is a third-party application designed to remove redundant and obsolete files from the Windows registry.
Most of the registry cleaners have the same functionality, more or less: they scan, clean, and fix. Some perform faster, and others bet on thorough cleaning. In terms of pricing, it may seem strange, but these utilities aren’t the essential software to use. So, it would be senseless to pay a lot for it. On the other hand, low price usually means poor quality; we all know that.
- 1 Top 10 Best Free Registry Cleaner Software and Tools as of 2020
- 1.1 1. CCleaner
- 1.2 2. Advanced SystemCare
- 1.3 3. DefenceByte
- 1.4 4. Wise Registry Cleaner
- 1.5 5. Eusing Registry Cleaner
- 1.6 6. JV16 PowerTools
- 1.7 7. AVG PC TuneUp
- 1.8 8. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
- 1.9 9. Little Registry Cleaner
- 1.10 10. JetClean
- 2 Final Words
Top 10 Best Free Registry Cleaner Software and Tools as of 2020
With free and paid cleaners, we have compiled a list of 10 Registry Cleaners for you. Check out the list so that you may find effective ones:
CCleaner is one of the most popular free registry cleaners among users throughout the globe. It isn’t just a registry cleaner program, as that is not its sole function. You can install it from an executable file or as a portable version. There is a Pro version (which costs $25) that offers real-time monitoring, automatic updates, and premium support. It helps remove registry keys and registry values that point to files or programs that no longer exist.
- CCleaner has a big set of features.
- There are regular program updates that help boost its performance.
- It has a lot of frequent pop-ups that can be annoying to deal with.
- CCleaner doesn’t improve the boot time.
2. Advanced SystemCare
Accumulation of junk files will slow down the PC. Advanced SystemCare 13 can clean junk files on Windows to clean up more space with just one click. Over 26 kind of junk files such as system logs, temporary files, and image caches are detected and then removed. It results in the release of more disk space.
- It contains enhanced privacy sweep function, which helps clean the privacy traces for more than 200 programs.
- It ends any unnecessary startup processes and shortens the average PC boot time.
- The interface is pretty well-organized and easy to use.
- Its worth mentioning that real-time monitoring of system conditions has been recently added to the free version. Its rare for this type of software.
- One of the major drawbacks of this software is that it cannot scan external files.
- For a product claiming to boost your computer’s internet speed by 300 percent, it fell flat and didn’t perform well.
- There are some window minimization issues that need to be resolved.
Computer Optimizer app by DefenceByte contains a Registry Cleaner Software, among other useful functions. Scanning options for registry fix include system software, fonts, shared libraries, startup entries, etc. DefenceByte also contains useful features like browser cleaner, Windows Service manager, scheduler, etc.
- DefenceByte has a fast scanning procedure, and the fixes are just as fast.
- The free version of this software has a 15 days trial period.
- It has a nice interface that looks clean on the screen.
- The program requires frequent upgrades and work, which can be frustrating for users after a while.
- It is tough to configure and make it work.
4. Wise Registry Cleaner
The free version of Wise Registry Cleaner offers a lot of features in itself. These include a cleaning scheduler, automatic registry backups, and various types of scan (normal, safe, or deep). Pro version for $15 grants extra features like multi-user access, system boost, and tune-up or optimization. It found more errors when we scanned our PC than other registry cleaners.
- It possesses a scan scheduler, which is great to have.
- It has a clean interface and a simple yet elegant design.
- The performance observed is much faster compared to other registry cleaners.
- It will prompt users to install other applications that can be annoying to deal with.
5. Eusing Registry Cleaner
Eusing Registry Cleaner is another free registry cleaner tool which is as simple as such a program could be. It does not help speed up the system even though it is good to clean out the registry. It is a cleaner that works on Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10. The menu can be selected and presented in one of the 33 languages available.
- Possesses no license and is absolutely free.
- It is compatible with the older versions of Windows.
- It comes with multiple language support and a portable version.
- It would give insufficient data on registry issues after the scan.
- It might require a follow up clean by RegEdit.
6. JV16 PowerTools
JV16 Powertools is actually a set of PC optimization tools. It includes “The clean and speeds up my computer” – a registry cleaner tool. Its free version works as a 60-day trial with full functionality while its subscription costs $11 per year.
It is compatible with all the Windows versions. You can save the results of the scan as a CSV, LiteLS, HTML, EML, DAT, or an SQL file. You can even print it out. Or also view the errors in detail separately in the Registry editor. You can search for processes, apps, and files by entering keywords. Another helpful additional feature is websites blacklist.
- JV16 PowerTools is very simple and effective to use.
- It automatically backs up the registry.
- There are a lot of settings present to customize.
- It is less user-friendly than the rest of the registry cleaners.
7. AVG PC TuneUp
AVG TuneUp identifies issues in your registry and fixes them automatically, which avoids errors and crashes on the system. It claims that TuneUp will improve the boot time by 79% on its website. But our little test showed no such optimistic figures – 95 seconds before cleaning and 91 seconds after cleaning, which is about 13%. It is of modest size as it only takes about 42 MB of disk space.
- AVG PC TuneUp runs quietly in the background.
- It has a clean interface and rich functionality.
- Its function of clearing disk space after cleaning is useful.
- This software does not contain any undo deletion option, unlike other registry cleaners.
- It is quite expensive to use as it requires a $50 annual license.
8. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
It groups the detected errors and issues into “file associations,” “history lists,” “missing software,” which is convenient for users. It also shows registry error locations that one can open and check for themselves. Detected issues are presented in groups and levels of importance – low, medium, or high.
There are certain potentially useful things: viewing any error separately by right-clicking it the results, flexible backups, and restore points at any moment, ignore list, one-click fix button called “Scan and Repair.”
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner is a freeware. Hence no payment is required.
- Its ability to pause and continue its work anytime also proved to be useful.
- Automatic backup is available in this software.
- Like some of the other free Registry Cleaner Software, it might attempt to install additional applications.
9. Little Registry Cleaner
In Little Registry Cleaner, you can specify a folder for backups, specific files/folders as exclusions, and set a scanning schedule. This software is available in 17 languages, that includes English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish, etc.
- It is actual freeware; hence no payment is required.
- The workflow is quite comfortable here.
- The descriptions of errors appear to be vague.
- It might cause possible slowdowns to the system during the clean-up procedure.
- There is little guidance provided.
In JetClean, there’s one-click repair, automatic shutdown after the repair, scanning for specific issues. (e.g., application paths, startup, DNS cache, memory, sounds, fonts, and virtual devices). It also comes with a few extra tools – program uninstaller, startup optimizer, and registry defragger.
In “Ignore List Log files” of the settings, you can find all the reports of every single cleaning action. It also serves as a hardware information tool, manages to flush the DNS cache, and schedule automatic cleaning. Overall its quite effective in reducing system errors and slowdowns. Its done by locating and deleting junk files in recycle bin, recent documents, temporary files, log files, clipboard, memory dumps.
- In case of an issue, it always has an emergency backup available.
- It has a friendly interface and quick scans.
- A portable of this software is available.
- Some of the features are only available in the Pro Version.
- There are a few unnecessary programs that are present in the installer.
Additional Software Guides:
- CAM Software for SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Co
- Karaoke Software for Windows PC
- Speech and Voice Recognition Software
- Free GIS Software to Map the World in Open Source
So these were 10 Registry Cleaner Software you could use to increase the performance of your computer. Key benefits of running such apps from time to time could be: to free up space, to boost performance, etc. Let us know in the comment section below if you know of any more efficient registry cleaners that should make it to the list.