First of all, you should know that Project management software is a tool that helps in project management. Also, it is managing resources and costs at the same time. Task distribution, budgeting, time tracking, resource planning, team collaboration are some of the primary functions of project management software.
Project Management Software and Tools in 2023
There are many Project Management Software and Tools in 2019. Moreover, you need to scroll down to study some of these in detail.
Visualizing project tasks on a cardboard-like dashboard, which is apt for managing short and quick everyday assignments, Trello project management software is free for personal use. Be it a startup or one of the fortune 500 companies, Trello is the most visual way for teams to collaborate on any project. In addition to this, Trello has some other features too:
- First of all, it carries out an effective image and file sharing.
- Secondly, it helps in creating unlimited task lists.
- Commenting and effective collaboration of the team and its members handling the project concerned.
- Next, Trello helps in simple task management on cardboard.
- Moreover, Trello also helps in organizing the lists by order of their dates or priority.
Firstly, ProofHub has a well-designed and straightforward user interface. It helps the team, working on the project to collaborate efficiently. Furthermore, its prime features include –
- Firstly, it is safe and secure file storage.
- Secondly, Online team discussions and chats.
- Thirdly, ProofHub is Assigned user roles.
- Next, it helps in Complete reporting of the project’s history and its updates.
- Task delegating and assignments.
Importantly, Basecamp is another popular choice amongst various project management teams. Furthermore, it has a modern social media-like interface and carefree team collaboration features. Moreover, it is free for teachers and students. Some of its top features include:
- It has a separate dashboard for showing to clients.
- It can very easily manage multiple user’s works.
- There is a message board, too, for discussing new ideas.
- Regular reporting of the project performance.
- E-mail and desktop notifications.
- In addition to all these, there is an in-application collaboration with the team handling the project as well.
Suitable for a small team and uncomplicated projects, Asana is an easy-to-use tool with a simplistic layout. File storage, project management, collaboration, etc. are some of its functions. Some other features of Asana are:
- Easily breaks down your task and divides it amongst all the team members.
- It will keep you notified about the project updates.
- It helps in organizing the tasks into projects.
- There are project dashboards, too, to get quick overviews about the projects.
It was designed by well-experienced advertisement executives, with a motive to help the advertisement agencies and the creative teams associated. Workzone has a lot of powerful features and is meant for the whole team to use. Some of its characteristics are:
- It creates subtasks.
- One can quickly see the status of his/her project with Gantt charts.
- Workzone assigns more than one tasks to the people.
- Sets permissions for specific users only for accessing projects, tasks, and files.
Firstly, it is a perfect IT project management tool. Moreover, JIRA has been specifically designed for software teams. It is a cross-platform issue and bug tracking software with advanced project management capabilities and features. Some of the top features of JIRA include:
- It helps in an efficient distribution of tasks across your software team.
- JIRA centralizes your team’s communication.
- It allows you to see real-time reporting on your team’s work.
- It also helps in creating user stories and issues.
- Apart from these, JIRA also helps in prioritizing and discussing your team’s work to a great extent.
Notion helps to plan and discuss projects, share everything with the team, and keep track of all the important ideas concerning the project. Top features of Notion are:
- It helps in the sharing of files.
- It takes notes too.
- You can even have your weekly checklist, with the help of Notion.
- It has a task board with a flexible drag and drops editor.
- Notion nests pages inside each other, just like an infinite knowledge base!
Collaboration, sharing project schedules and documents, tracking time, assigning tasks, chatting, etc. are some of the main functions of this cloud based service. As its name suggests, EventCollab is specifically designed to plan and produce events like conferences, trade shows, and meetings. Some of its prime features include:
- You can get a very high-level view of each and every active event, you and your team are involved in, with the help of the dashboard.
- EventCollab connects everyone involved in your project, including the external contractors and vendors very effectively.
- It collaborates with your entire team in real-time.
Redmine is a highly flexible open-source management tool. It should be noted that it has multi-language support. Coming to its top features:
- Project planning can be carried out very easily, with the help of Gantt charts and calendars.
- It has features for planning product roadmaps too.
- Simple and easy time tracking.
- E-mail notifications.
- Newsfeed and document or file management.
Additional Software Guides:
- Network Monitoring Software and Tools
- Registry Cleaner Software and Tools
- CAM Software for SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Co
- Karaoke Software for Windows PC
Lastly, these were some of the project management and software tools of 2019. Before implementing their usage in businesses or even for personal uses, one must go through their top features and other special characteristics mentioned above.
It should be noted that project management software and tools are designed to be completely customizable. So that they can fit the needs of teams of different sizes and with different aims/objectives. I hope this article proves helpful!