To keep your health in a good state is not an option but it is essential, to stay fit & healthy both physically and mentally. Although in-person therapy has been our go-to assistance in case of emergency, it can be uncomfortable in mental distress. It sounds intimidating, spilling your guts out in front of a therapist, and that is why online therapy is becoming more popular these days.
Online therapy, also known as telehealth, e-therapy, e-counseling, teletherapy, or cyber-counseling; an online platform using which you can talk or chat to a legit & qualified therapist voice call, video chat, video messaging, texting, and more without leaving the comfort of your home.
Online therapy has also proved to be useful in times of global pandemic.
4 Best Online Therapy Services
If you are new to Online Therapy or how it works, you might be having questions; but, you don’t have to worry much. In this article, we will share the 4 Best Online Therapy Services with you, which you will find useful in times of need.
So, let us get started!
On top of our list is the most popular online counseling site, viz., BetterHelp. With over 12,000 licensed, accredited, & experienced counselors trained in a wide range of disciplines, BetterHelp offers counseling for everyone, including individuals, couples, and the family.
They offer various therapies, namely Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Person-Centered Therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Humanistic Therapy, Schema-Focused Therapy, and a lot more.
BetterHelp offers several features, which includes the following:
- They offer various types of therapy.
- Multi-platform online sessions that can take place via video calling or conferencing, text messages, voice calls.
- They offer to counsel for the LGBTQ community and teens as well.
- You can find a therapist for various issues such as eating disorders, substance misuse as well.
- BetterHelp offers a free trial.
- They offer their services at competitive & reasonable prices.
All you have to do is complete a questionnaire and set up your account. Then their AI computer program will find & match you with a therapist based according to your needs. This may take up to 24 hours, and if you wish to see a different counselor, you can do that as well. BetterHelp does not accept medical insurance.
Next, Amwell is a well-known online therapy platform to offer care for physical & psychological health. Amwell is a one-stop shopping online therapy services platform with online doctors/ therapists available at your service 24/7.
It is filled with several features such:
- Offers therapy for psychological as well as physical health.
- Provides counseling for anxiety, PTSD/trauma, life transitions, couples therapy, and depression.
- Counselors/Therapists or Doctors are available for help 24/7.
- Affordable price.
- Counseling can occur on any device, whether mobile, laptop, or desktop.
- Licensed psychiatrists who prescribe medications.
You can visit their website, download their mobile application, create an account, find a doctor best suited to your needs, and then schedule a visit accordingly.
If your medical insurance plan covers mental health services, then the session may not cost your pocket much.
Talkspace is one of the best online therapy services provider with more than 3,000 licensed & accredited therapists, multiple subscription plans, and the following features:
- Offer therapists for various conditions such as depression, anxiety, addiction, eating disorders, PTSD, and relationship issues.
- They offer to counsel individuals, couples, and teens as well.
- Talkspace also offers personalized psychiatric treatment with prescription management, all this from a licensed prescriber only.
- Variety of affordable subscription plans for you to choose one from them.
- Their therapy plans include sessions over text, video, audio, messaging, and live sessions also.
You can register/ sign up on their website by completing an assessment plan and choose your payment plan. Afterward, a consultation therapist will help you match the number of therapists for you, and you can choose one suitable for your needs.
Within few days after signing up, you will begin working/ attending your sessions with them. Talkspace offers EAP coverage (Employee Assistance Program), so if you have EAP with behavioral health benefits, you can avail of this offer.
Ginger.io is best known for its quick responses to assist people dealing with mental health issues with various subscription plans, suitable according to different budgets & lifestyles.
Ginger provides the following features:
- Offer therapy sessions for anxiety, depression, and many more.
- 60 seconds quick response therapy sessions with same-day scheduling available.
- Counseling can be done over video chats or conferencing.
- Various subscription plans starting from $129/month to $349/month.
You can check out their official website, and you will able to chat with their licensed therapist within few minutes. Ginger.io does not accept any health insurance plan, because of which their subscription plans may seem a bit expensive.
Online Therapy is a growing counseling & mental health services platform with many benefits that make the lives of people who are dealing with mental issues easy. The idea of being able to connect/ talk with a therapist whilst sitting at your home, being in a comfortable environment sounds peaceful and calming.
Various online therapy service providers are available with thousands of licensed & accredited therapists, counselors, doctors, and psychiatrists to help the people in need. These platforms provide many features, benefits, and offers to avail at a reasonable price.
This advancement in medical science is best suitable for situations like a pandemic.