When it comes to smartwatches, Apple Watches are among the top choices. These wearables run Apple’s watchOS 9, and feature a wide range of sensors and technologies.
You can use them to authenticate purchases, unlock your Mac, and even track your fitness and health statistics thanks to their integration with Apple’s ecosystem. Apple’s Walkie-Talkie is only one example of a feature that isn’t widely recognised about by the general public.
The Essentials of Walkie-Talkies:
Walkie-Talkie is a function of the Apple Watch that allows users to have voice conversations with one another. It’s still unavailable for iOS devices at this time. In any case, if you’re interested in implementing this functionality, read on!
It’s important to remember that you can get messages sent to the Walkie-Talkie app even if you’re not actively using it. The audio will begin playing instantly on your Apple Watch. So if you’re in a spot that strictly demands silence, either disable the Walkie-Talkie app’s availability in the Control Centre or open it up and press the button.
You may adjust the volume within the app by turning the Digital Crown. Notably, Walkie-Talkie can’t be used in countries where FaceTime is restricted. This is due to the fact that the feature uses the server-side components of FaceTime Audio to send and playback audio.
Walkie-Talkie: How to Use It
- You and the intended recipient must be using Apple devices with at least watchOS 5.3 and iOS 12.4.
- The Walkie-Talkie app can be accessed by clicking the yellow icon depicting a walkie-talkie.
- Toggle your availability on and off at the top.
- If you enable Walkie-Talkie, your new friends will be able to communicate with you without needing to ask first.
- Turning it off will let them know you aren’t available to talk at the moment. Instead, you’ll get a message saying they’ve been attempting to get in touch with you. It is entirely up to you to decide whether or not to comply with the request.
- If your friends have an Apple Watch and are willing to accept your invitation, you can import them into this app via the Add Friends option at the bottom.
- Your Walkie-Talkie contacts are listed in the central area.
- Select a user’s name to start a conversation with them.
- A new user interface will surface once watchOS verifies their availability. To send a voice message, touch and hold the button.
- When you’re finished talking, press the button again.
- Using the (X) button that appears when you swipe left on a friend’s name in the Walkie-Talkie app, you can remove them from the app.