When using Apple products and services, your Apple ID is a crucial piece of information that helps everything work together. Your Apple ID is linked to your email address, so if you no longer use that address, for example, you will need to create a new Apple ID. Here’s how to accomplish that solely with your iPhone.
Apple ID: What Is It?
You can use your Apple ID to sign in to any of Apple’s services, from iCloud to the App Store, and it’s really just a lovely bit of branding on Apple’s part. Therefore, it shouldn’t be too surprising that it’s an email address and a password.
iPhone Apple ID Swap
Changing your Apple ID is a simple process, but you should be aware that doing so will force you to sign out of all of your associated devices. You should be prepared to put in some effort if you decide to follow the methods outlined below. You can only use an email address that isn’t already associated with an existing Apple ID.
- Launch the iPhone’s Configurations menu.
- Choose your name from the drop-down list.
- Select Individuals Via Name, Phone, and Email
- Select Edit in the upper right corner of the screen where your name appears.
- To delete your current email address, click the minus symbol.
- Put in a Delete
- Select Continue when prompted to enter a new email address.
- Simply replace the current email address with the new one and click Next.
- To receive the verification code that must be entered into your phone, please check your inbox.
Entering that code correctly will finish the procedure and attach your new email address to your account, so the whole thing is rather straightforward assuming everything goes as planned.