House of the Dragon is a fantasy drama series from the U.S. The creators of this series are Ryan J. Condal and George Martin. This series is a prequel to the Game of Thrones series and they are both based on the novel “A Song of Ice and Fire’’.
After three years after the end of the legendary series “Game of Thrones”, fans got another series, “House of Dragon”. The central focus of the story is the Targaryen family, although some other families are also included. Before you start watching this series you should know about the House Targaryen family tree to enjoy the series to its fullest.
House of the Dragon Season 1
The most awaited series of the year, full of action and drama. A stronger fanbase has been made since “Game of Thrones”. HBO has been preparing the release of this epic series since 2019.
The first episode of the first season is blood-boiling. A knight’s tournament was going on, which suddenly became violent and fatal. People were celebrating the tournament with joy, and suddenly the head of a contestant was crushed down, which was terrific.
House of the Dragon Cast
Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan J. Condal will be seen in the series, and they will act as the showrunners of the series. Ramin Djawadi is another face returning from the “Game of Thrones.”
Other series casts are –
- Paddy Considine – He will be playing the role of King Viserys I Targaryen, the fifth king of his Kingdom.
- Emma D’Arcy – They will be playing the role of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the firstborn child of King Viserys.
- Milly Alcock – In the role of princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the younger daughter of King Viserys.
- Matt Smith – He will be playing the role of Daemon Targaryen, the prince. He is the uncle of Princess Rhaenyra.
- Olivia Cooke – She will be playing the role of Lady Alicent Hightower. In the Seven Kingdom, she is known to be the most comely lady.
- Emily Carry – In the role of Alicent Hightower, the young lady.
- Steve Toussaint – Playing the role of Young Corlys Velaryon. Known as “Sea Snake”.
- Eve Best – Playing the role of Princess Rhaenys Velaryon, wife of dragon rider and Lord Corlys.
- Fabien Frankel – Playing the role of Ser Criston Cole, the skilled swordsman.
- Sonoya Mizuno – Playing the role of Mysaria, the dancer.
- Rhys Ifans – In the character of Ser Otto Hightower, the hand of King Viserys.
We have mentioned above some main characters of the series. Although, various other characters will come and go in the series. Some characters will be killed in some episodes, while new characters will join the new episode.
House of the Dragon Talking Points
The series includes excitement and interest. These are some main talking points of the series –
- The King Gets Injured – The king got injured in his back in the first episode, which affected his hand also. This injury makes him weak, and now he is no longer capable of protecting the throne.
- Stepstone’s Battle – The third episode’s battle attracts many buzzes.
- Steal of the Egg – The dragon egg got stolen in episode 2, resulting in a rift. The egg belongs to Dreamfyre.
House of Dragon Season 1 Review
This series includes the Civil War story and the Targaryen house, also known as Dance of Dragons. The reviews are all positive about the series. The first episode is impressive and blood-boiling at the same time.
The family members of the Seven Kingdoms are shown to betray each other, making fake promises, fighting, and all that royal family drama. The series shows many fighting scenes, wounds, and people killing.
The first five episodes of the series roam around the Young Princess Rhaenyra. She is a teen girl who is ambitious, courageous, and strong. She would be an ideal heir, but according to the ancient kings, the Kingdom needs a king to handle it, not a queen.
The success of Game of Thrones speaks about the quality of House of Dragon. Viewers’ expectations are fulfilled after watching House of Dragon. Now people are waiting for the 2nd season of the series.