Many users are facing Gmail Server Error 007. The error usually occurs while sending mail to someone. The Gmail doesn’t respond and the user fails to send message and error is shown on the user’s screen “server error encountered..”.
Major reasons for the error 007 are:
- Due to Hyper Text Transfer Protocols.
- Issues with Web server/ browser.
- Internet connectivity problem.
- The virus in the system.
When Gmail Server Error 007 occurs, Gmail account of users gets frozen.
- The user is not in a position to click on anything.
- Also, the user is not able to Refresh the email page.
- Not able to send or read unopened emails.
4 Solutions to Fix Gmail Server Error 007
Don’t worry, there are easy fixes to solve the Gmail server error 007. So, to fix the error follow the below solutions:
Solution 1: Clearing Out Cookies and Cache From Your Browser
Clearing the Cache and Cookies from Chrome is a very simple process and can help you to fix Gmail Server Error 007. So, follow the below-given steps to clear out cookies and cache:
Step 1: At first, click on the three dots at the top, on the right side of your browser window. After that click on Settings.
Step 2: Settings tab will appear. Now, scroll down until you find Show Advanced Settings option and then click on it.
Step 3: Next step is to click on the Content Settings option under the section Privacy and security.
Step 4: Now, click on Cookies option. Now, under the section Cookies click on See all cookies and site data.
Step 5: At last, click on the button. Remove all and then the Done button.
Now check if the error 007 resolves or not.
Solution 2: Disabling Your Browser’s Extensions
Extensions can cause the Gmail Server Error 007, in case you have installed extensions just before getting the error 007. Also, if you have not installed any extension, the already existing extension can cause the error. Maybe the extension needs to be updated. So, by disabling the extension, you can fix the error. Follow the below steps to fix error:
Step 1: At first, open your google chrome. Now, click on the three dots at the top, on the right side of your browser window.
Step 2: After that click on More tools and then select the option Extensions.
Step 3: Last step is to disable all your extensions.
Now, if the error resolves, it means one of the extensions is causing the Gmail Server Error 007.
Solution 3: Disabling Background Send
Another reason for Gmail Server Error 007 is that ‘Background send‘ is not disabled. Background send means even you have exited from your Gmail window; your account continues to send an email which may cause server error. So, to disable it follow the below easy steps:
Step 1: Start with signing in your Gmail account.
Step 2: Now, click on the gear type icon present at the top on the right side of the window.
Step 3: Next is to click on Settings and then search for the Lab tab.
Step 4: Look for Background send and click to Disable it.
Now check if your error resolves or not.
Solution 4: Checking for Browser Updates and Viruses
1. Another reason for Gmail Server Error is viruses in your system. Viruses degrades the performance of your system and also harm the system. So, it’s better to scan your system regularly for viruses. Hence, you always need to have an Antivirus Program in your system to protect it from harm.
2. The browser also needs to be up-to-date. Thus, whenever an update is received, you should update your browser for its proper functioning. Although, Chrome updates automatically, but make sure it is up-to-date. In case of any other browser, go to the browser’s settings window and look for ‘check for updates‘ option.
Thus, Gmail Server Error 007 can easily be resolved by following the above solutions. Also, try closing your browser window and launching it again to fix the error.