Windows 10 users have recently been complaining about an esrv.exe programme issue that pops up at boot time. It’s been determined that the issue isn’t specific to the Windows 10 technical preview builds because it occurs on both updated and non-updated machines. The complete error message is as follows:
However, if you click OK, the pop-up will disappear temporarily, but it will reappear at system startup. There is a strong likelihood that the problem will arise when consumers apply a major Windows Update or upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. ”
Learn how to Fix the Windows 10 Esrv.Exe Application Error
Intel Driver Update’s Esrv.exe process is referred to as Esrv.exe. A problem with the removal or handling of the Intel Driver Update during the installation of an update is indicated by this error message.
Because the removal was not done properly, some of its components may require the esrv.exe process to be started every time the computer is started. The esrv.exe application issue in Windows 10 happens because Windows cannot locate the specific process associated with it.
Intel Driver & Support Assistant has lately replaced the Intel driver Update support. This error message could appear if something goes wrong while Windows is attempting to make the switch on its own.
Problems With the Esrv.Exe Programme in Windows 10
If you’re experiencing this problem, the following troubleshooting actions will help:
Fix 1. Remove the latest Intel driver update as a first step towards correction
To begin, remove the associated programme from your computer. Here are the procedures to remove Intel Driver Update the old-fashioned way:
- type in appwiz.cpl and press Enter, then restart your computer
- Go to the bottom of the opened Programs and Features window and look for Intel Diver Software.
- Uninstall it by selecting it with the right-click menu.
- Remove it by following the on-screen directions.
- Lastly, restart the computer by closing the Programs and Features window.
- The problem should be fixed by now, so see if it is.
- Check to see whether Intel Driver Software has been replaced with Intel Driver & Support Assistant if this is the case.
- If this is the case, you will have to manually download the programme.
Removing Intel driver Update should not be a problem. Intel Driver & Support Assistant has already taken its position. If it doesn’t work, we’ll go to the second alternative.
Fix 2. Esrv.Exe Should be Renamed in Every Instance
Some Windows 10 users are able to manually fix the esrv.exe programme error by simply running the file’s extension after finding every occurrence of esrv.exe. The following is a step-by-step guide:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the C drive in your computer’s hard drive.
- Use the top-right search box to look for esrv.exe in the root directory.
- Remove all instances of esrv.exe by right-clicking on each one and selecting Remove.
- Finally, add the suffix.old and your operating system will no longer recognise the file.
- Reboot the device to determine if the problem has been fixed after making the renaming choice and pressing the Yes option.
Fix 3: Remove the Esrv.Exe Startup Key Using Autoruns.
If none of the aforementioned approaches work, you should remove the startup entries that call the esrv.exe service from your computer’s registry. We recommend using Autoruns, an application designed specifically to remove run, runonce, registry keys, and startup directories from your computer.
This could be the result of a schedule task left over from an erroneous un-installation, or it could be the result of a bug. Error: esrv.exe cannot be started because it is a part of the system’s startup process.
- Download Autoruns and extract the content using a decompression tool, such as WinZip.
- Double-click the Autoruns executable in the extracted folder to begin the installation process.
- Once again, the original launch window will appear, replete with the previously saved startup items.
- Find Next by pressing Ctrl + F, typing esrv.exe in the search box, and clicking Find Next
- To get rid of the startup item, pick Delete from the context menu by right-clicking on the first blue highlighted occurrence.
- To ensure that there is no longer any startup item referencing esrv.exe, bring up the search feature once more and repeat the operation.
- You can now shut down Autoruns and restart your computer
- Windows 10 should no longer display the esrv.exe application problem upon starting moving forward.
That’s it! esrv.exe programme error in Windows 10 can be fixed using any of the solutions we have provided. Hopefully, these solutions will help you achieve the necessary remedy. Please use the comment area below to get in touch with us if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions.