However, have you ever encountered a circumstance where you received an MMS but the attachment failed to download?
It must be really aggravating to be unable to download the multimedia message. Because you’re eager to see what you’ve sent. However, I’d want to point out that there are a number of possible causes for the MMS to fail to download. And I’ve got the finest ways to remedy the problem, too.
What Are the Most Common Multimedia Message Download Errors?
The most prevalent blunders are as follows:
- Unable to get the file.
- Expiration or non-availability of message
I’m going to give the most effective methods for resolving the problem of attachments that couldn’t be downloaded.
Solution 1. Switching to Mobile Data is the
If you are unable to download the MMS, it is possible that your Wi-Fi is to blame. While downloading, if your Android smartphone does not have Wi-Fi calling enabled, you’ll get an error message. In order to download the multimedia message, you must first turn on your mobile data.
Solution 2. Disable auto-retrieval in MMS settings
An fault in system hardware or processors can prevent the downloading of multimedia. As a result, the procedures listed below should be performed in order to remove the option of automatic retrieval from MMS settings:
- Go to the Messaging App and select the choice from the drop-down menu..
- Search for “auto-retrieve” in the options and click on it.
- Make a choice to turn off automatic retrieval.
Restart your Android phone to see if it worked.
Solution 3. Delete All MMS Service Cache and Data
You can clear the cache and data to fix the problem of downloading multimedia messages that fail to download.
It’s possible that this will fix the issue with your specific chat app.
Here are the actions you need to take:
- Select the Apps option in your phone’s Settings.
- Look for the MMS service app in the installed programmes. Select “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache” from this menu.
Your MMS message should now be available for download if you’ve followed the steps correctly.
Solution 4. To get rid of old messages
Your storage may have hit its maximum message restrictions if you are having trouble downloading multimedia communications. You can’t download multimedia messages if your storage is full.
As a result, you might want to try removing previous messages to see if that helps:
- Go to the messaging app and send a message.
- Tap on the menu button to bring up the menu, then select Delete Threads.
- You can delete messages by checking the boxes next to each one.
- To see if the issue with the MMS message not downloading has been fixed after deletion, return to this step.
Solution 5. Change the Apn Settings
Try resetting your APN settings if you are unable to download multimedia on your Android.
- Visit the Settings app on your Android device and hit on More.
- After selecting Mobile Networks, pick Access Point Names and then click on it.
- Select the three vertical dots and hit Reset to Default if your MMS message is not downloading.
If you’re having trouble downloading an attachment from a multimedia message, you can simply follow the steps outlined above. If you have any thoughts on the subject of multimedia message errors, please let me know.
Don’t forget to leave a comment with the solution you like.